Saturday, June 18, 2011

BLACK CATHOLIC PROPHECY MEDITATIONS

Listen to internet radio with Blackcatholics on Blog Talk Radio




BLACK CATHOLIC RADIO





Or use this in your browser: http://www.live365.com/stations/283424
Programs with Josephite, Society of the Divine Word (SVD), & Jesuit priests,St. Brigid ( Los Angeles ) and Transfiguration parishioners discussions of OUR vital issues:
Who Is God
Who Is Christ
Transubstantiation
Eucharist
Liturgy
The Mass
Mary and Family
Sacraments
Prayer
Sin
Sex and Christianity
Morality
Sex and Christianity
Death and Resurrection
Justice
57.000 Black Saints
and many more

TEST! DISCERN THE SPIRIT! ACCEPTING WHAT IS GOOD, REJECTING THE REST.

Fair use religious and educational, for those in the African Diaspora who would otherwise not be so exposed.

The Rev. Fr. Melvin Doucette, M.Afr./ 1704 Palmer Road, RR 2
Tignish, PE (Prince Edward Island) C0B 2B0 / CANADA
Tel: 902-882-2004 / Email: melvin.douce...@pei.sympatico.ca

Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Cure of a Crippled Beggar
Dear Friends,
Now Peter and John were going up to the temple area for the three o'clock hour of prayer. And a man crippled from birth was carried and placed at the gate of the temple called "the Beautiful Gate" every day to beg for alms from the people who entered the temple. When he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked for alms. But Peter looked intently at him, as did John, and said, "Look at us." He paid attention to them, expecting to receive something from them. Peter said, "I have neither silver nor gold, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, rise and walk." Then Peter took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles grew strong. He leaped up, stood, and walked around, and went into the temple with them, walking and jumping and praising God. When all the people saw him walking and praising God, they recognized him as the one who used to sit begging at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, and they were filled with amazement and astonishment at what had happened to him. (Passage from the Acts of the Apostles 3:1-10)
Tomorrow, Thursday June 16, I will leave early in the morning for the State of Maine, USA. I will be home on July 1. I ask you all to pray that this visit to the USA will be successful. I wish to announce that I will have two retreats during the summer. On July 19 to 21, I will have a French retreat at the Little Shrine of Our Lady of Prince Edward Island and on August 16 to 18, I will have an English retreat at the Little Shrine. All are welcome.
Below you will find the message of Our Lord and Savior given to Father Melvin. Jesus spoke to him these words,
"May you be filled with My graces, My dear brother Melvin and all My brothers and sisters who believe in Me throughout the world. The story of the cure of the crippled beggar who sat at the gate to the temple is very special. It was St. Peter, the Apostle, who uttered the words of healing for this man. After these words, he was completely healed and was able to walk and leap. The people, when they saw him, were filled with amazement to see him walking. The Apostles were now doing the same miracles I did when I was on earth. Many today have the same gift as St. Peter had. Go to them for a healing. I bless you all."

Father Melvin

Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Peter's Speech at Pentecost (2)
Dear Friends,
Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them, "... You who are Israelites, hear these words. Jesus the Nazorean was a man commended to you by God with mighty deeds, wonders, and signs, which God worked through him in your midst, as you yourselves know. This man, delivered up by the set plan and foreknowledge of God, you killed, using lawless men to crucify him. But God raised him up, releasing him from the throes of death, because it was impossible for him to be held by it. For David says of him: 'I saw the Lord ever before me, with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. Therefore my heart has been glad and my tongue has exulted; my flesh, too, will dwell in hope, because you will not abandon my soul to the netherworld, nor will you suffer your holy one to see corruption. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.'" (Passage from the Acts of the Apostles 2:14a, 22-28)
On Thursday morning, June 16, I will leave for the USA. I will stay in Kennebunk, Maine, the first night and then I will move to Alfred, Maine, on June 27 to start the three-day retreat. After a stay in Portsmouth, NH, I will leave for Stratford, CT. On June 24 to 26, I will be at My Father's House in Moodus, CT, for another retreat. Then on June 28, I will celebrate a Healing Mass at St. Mary of the Assumption Church, 46 Conklin Avenue, Haverstraw, NY. I hope to be back in P.E.I. on June 30.
Below you will find the message of Our Lord and Savior given to Fr. Melvin. Jesus spoke to him these words,
"I bless you, Melvin My brother, and all My brothers and sisters living in every country of the world. St. Peter, the one I appointed as head of My Church, was not afraid to speak to the Israelites about what they had done to Me. He showed his great faith in Me knowing that I come from God with mighty deeds. He told the Jews that they killed Me by using lawless men to crucify Me. Yet I was raised to life on the third day never to die again. He called on the people to accept Me as their Messiah, to repent and to be baptized. Indeed about three thousand people were baptized that day. Come, My brothers and sisters, and accept Me as Your Savior who sent the Holy Spirit upon you. Follow Me and My Church and you will be saved."

Father Melvin

Monday, June 13, 2011
Peter's Speech at Pentecost
Dear Friends,
Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them, "You who are Jews, indeed all of you staying in Jerusalem. Let this be known to you, and listen to my words. These people are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only nine o'clock in the morning. No, this is what was spoken through the prophet Joel:
'It will come to pass in the last days,' God says,
'that I will pour out a portion of my spirit upon all flesh.
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams.
Indeed, upon my servants and my handmaids
I will pour out a portion of my spirit in those days,
and they shall prophesy. And I will work wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below: blood, fire, and a cloud of smoke.
The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood,
before the coming of the great and splendid day of the Lord,
and it shall be that everyone shall be saved who calls on the name of the Lord.'"
(A passage from the Acts of the Apostles 2:14-21)
I thank the Lord for the great day of Pentecost. I know that the Lord has poured out His Holy Spirit upon the world and especially upon those who believe in Him. Let us rejoice in all that the Spirit has done.
Below you will find the message of Our Lord and Savior given to Fr. Melvin. Jesus spoke to him these words,
"I blessed you all, My brothers and sisters, yesterday on the great feast of Pentecost. After the coming of the Holy Spirit, the Apostles were no longer afraid. Peter went out and spoke to the people that had gathered in front of the door. He told them that the Apostles were not drunk, but the Holy Spirit had passed and all were filled and full of joy and speaking in different tongues. Indeed a new era was beginning. It was a splendid day of the Lord and if everyone calls on the Lord with faith, they will be saved. Continue to keep your hearts open for all the graces and gifts that come from the Holy Spirit. You will be blessed indeed. Acknowledge to the Father the wonderful gift you have received."

Father Melvin

Sunday, June 12, 2011
The Coming of the Spirit
Dear Friends,
When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled, the Apostles were all in one place together. And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind, and it filled the entire house in which they were. Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire, which parted and came to rest on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in different tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim. (Passage from the Acts of the Apostles 2:1-4)
In 1977, while I was in Africa, a group of us invited two charismatic priests to come and give us a weekend seminar, and it was the weekend of Pentecost. These two priests taught us about the Holy Spirit and the charismatic movement. On Saturday evening around 9:00 p.m. the two priests prayed over us so that the Holy Spirit may be released in us. We were 23 people in the group. They prayed over me but I did not feel anything. By 9:30 p.m. we all withdrew to our rooms for the night. As I arrived in my room, I sat down and began to pray and I was filled with the Holy Spirit and I prayed the whole night until 6:00 a.m. the next morning. I just could not stop praying and praising God. I found myself praying in tongues and I felt that Jesus was right there with me. I had a very great experience, which I will never forget.
Below you will find the message of Our Lord and Savior given to Father Melvin. Jesus spoke to him these words,
"It was on the tenth day after My Ascension into the heaven that the Holy Spirit came upon the Apostles gathered in the Upper Room in Jerusalem. The Father and I sent the Holy Spirit on all those gathered there. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in tongues. On that day a new era began, the era of the Holy Spirit. The fear, that the Apostles had, vanished after the coming of the Holy Spirit. They opened the doors and St. Peter went out and spoke to the people gathered outside. He called them to believe in Me, to repent of their sins and be baptized. Many accepted the call of St. Peter and three thousand were baptized on that day. Pentecost is the day My Church was born. I call upon all of you to open your hearts today and receive the Holy Spirit. He is coming upon you with great power. May you be renewed completely."

Father Melvin

Medjugorje Day By Day June 16 - THE MASS

St. Anthony of Padua, Doctor of the Church, Italy (1195-1231)
"Anthony was a friend of St. Francis and became a Franciscan priest. He was a great preacher on the Real Presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and told everyone he met about his love for Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. St. Anthony was also known as a great miracle worker who loved the poor and sick people very much. Wherever he went, St. Anthony performed many miracles to help feed the poor, heal the sick, and care for the needy. He is known as a great Doctor of the Church, patron of the poor, and finder of the lost" (Adoration for Children).

"When the conquest for the Immaculate [Mary] of the whole world and of every single soul now living or to live until the end of the world, and through Her for the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus is completed, . . . then souls will love the Sacred Heart as they have never as yet loved Him, because like Her they will have been immersed as never before in the mystery of love, the Cross, the Eucharist" (St. Maximilian Kolbe).

NOTICE

June 14, 2004

Dear Friends,

I am grateful to all who recently sent me names for this email column. Would you continue to do so? Please invite those on your email lists to receive this column. They simply need to write to subscribe@...

Finally, please take a moment to visit www.priestsforlife.org/resources/abortion/graphics.htm and see for yourself the amazing outpouring of conversions from pro-abortion to pro-life thanks to one simple thing -- and it's a tool you also can use!

God bless you!
Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director

"When the conquest for the Immaculate [Mary] of the whole world and of every single soul now living or to live until the end of the world, and through Her for the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus is completed, . . . then souls will love the Sacred Heart as they have never as yet loved Him, because like Her they will have been immersed as never before in the mystery of love, the Cross, the Eucharist" (St. Maximilian Kolbe).

Mother Teresa
Many people think that having money makes you happy. I think it must be harder to be happy if you are wealthy because you may find it difficult to see God; you'll have too many other things to think about. However, if God has given you this gift of wealth, then use it for His purpose - help others, help the poor, create jobs, give work to others. Don't waste your wealth. Having food, a home, dignity, freedom, health and an education are all of God's gifts too, which is why we must help those who are less fortunate than ourselves.

Meditations by Padre Pio -

During the rioting of the passions and adverse events, keep in mind the dear hope of His unlimited mercy. Let us run with confidence to the tribunal of penance, where He waits for you at all times with the anxiety of a father; and although we are conscious of our debt towards Him, let us not doubt the solemn pardon of our sins. Let us bury them as our Lord has done (CE,18).

Archbishop Fulton Sheen
Those who trust in God will avoid the venom of the serpent

"The unfortunate characteristics of our day is that propaganda has taken the place of personal influence. Politics has become so primary in modern life, that the masses are more moved by promises than by fulfillments."

St. Faustina's diary http://www.marian.org/directory_flash.html -
Eternal Truth, give me a ray of Your light that I may come to know You, O Lord, and worthily glorify Your infinite mercy. And at the same time, grant me to know myself, the whole abyss of misery that I am. (727)

During the meditation on creation... at a certain point, my soul became closely united to its Lord and Creator. In this union, I recognized the purpose and destiny of my life. My purpose is to become closely united to God through love, and my destiny is to praise and glorify God's mercy. The Lord has allowed me to know and experience this in a distinct and even physical way. I become lost in admiration when I recognize and experience this incomprehensible love of God with which God loves me. Who is God - and what am I? I cannot meditate on this any further. Only love can understand this meeting of two spirits, namely, God-who-is-Spirit and the soul-who-is-creature. The more I know Him, the more completely with all the strength of my being I drown in Him. (729)

MEDJUGORJE DAY BY DAY

These thoughts for a day are taken from a daily meditation book based on the Messages of Our Lady of Medjugorje by Father Richard J. Beyer, Ave Maria Press.
JUNE 16 - THE MASS
Of the Mass, Our Lady says:

Dear children, I am calling you to more attentive prayer and to greater participation in the Mass. I wish your Mass to be an experience of God (Weekly Message May 16, 1985).

Jesus also speaks of the Eucharist, the living bread:

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread that comes down form heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh (Jan 6:48-51).

Reflection:

Stories continue to come out of China, from time to time, of the heroic efforts of the few remaining bishops and priests to keep the faith alive and nourish the underground church. One such story tells of a priest who lives and works as a coolie. By means of prearranged sign language, he gets messages around of where he is to be found usually at the corner of a local market selling soap. Customers who, like the early Christians, give a secret sign, are given a piece of soap, between the wrappings of which is hidden a small consecrated host.

The Chinese Catholic takes his purchase home and usually, after a short family service, receives communion. Clearly the most exalted gift of Christ is his very body and blood in the Eucharist. St. Ambrose wrote of the miracle: "Christ is food for me; Christ is drink for me; the flesh of God is food for me, the blood of God is drink for me. Christ is ministered to me daily."

Application:

For reflection today: Do you prepare for the Mass? Do you participate in the responses and singing? Do you spend a few minutes in thanksgiving afterwards? How can you enter more deeply into the Eucharist?

Medjugorje Day By Day June 15 - DRAW EVER CLOSER TO THE FATHER


"The Lord calls us friends, he makes us his friends, he entrusts himself to us, he entrusts to us his Body in the Eucharist, he entrusts to us his Church. Therefore, we must be true friends to him, we must have the same perception as he has, we must want what he wants and not what he does not want. Jesus himself tells us: 'You are my friends if you do what I command you' (John 15:14).

Let this be our common resolution: all of us together, to do his holy will, in which lies our freedom and our joy" Pope Benedict XVI, May 13, 2005

"I bow down before You, O Bread of Angels,
With deep faith, hope and love
And from the depths of my soul I worship You"
St. Maria Faustina of the Blessed Sacrament


Mother Teresa
We have a right to be happy and peaceful. We have been created for this - we are born to be happy - and we can only find true happiness and peace when we are in love with God; there is joy in loving God, great happiness in loving Him.

Meditations by Padre Pio -
Even if you had committed all the sins of the world, Jesus says to you; "Many sins have been forgiven you, because you have loved much" (CE,16).

Archbishop Fulton Sheen
The treasures of self-sacrifice

"The best influences in life are undeliberate, unconscious; when no one is watching, or when reaction to the good deed was never sought. Such is the long-range influence of a mother in a home; fulfilling of daily duties with love and a spirit of self-sacrifice leaves an imprint on the children that deepens with the years. St. Francis has done much to influence painting, though he was not an artist. Great artists have influenced millions to love beauty, though their intention was never to be so remembered."

St. Faustina's diary http://www.marian.org/directory_flash.html -
Oh, how ardently I desire that every soul would praise Your mercy. Happy is the soul that calls upon the mercy of the Lord. It will see that the Lord will defend it as His glory, as He said. And who would dare fight against God? All you souls, praise the Lord's mercy by trusting in His mercy all your life and especially at the hour of your death. And fear nothing, dear soul, whoever you are; the greater the sinner, the greater his right to Your mercy, O Lord. O incomprehensible goodness! God is the first to stoop to the sinner. O Jesus, I wish to glorify Your mercy on behalf of thousands of souls. I know very well, O my Jesus, that I am to keep telling souls about Your goodness, about Your incomprehensible mercy. (598)

Jesus, You know that I love suffering and want to drain the cup of suffering to the last drop; and yet, my nature experienced a slight shudder and fear. Quickly, however, my trust in the infinite mercy of God was awakened in all its force, and everything else had to give way before it, like a shadow retreating before the sun's rays. O Jesus, how great is Your goodness! Your infinite goodness, so well known to me, enables me to bravely look death itself in the eye. I know that nothing will happen to me without God's permission. I desire to glorify Your infinite mercy during my life, at the hour of death, in the resurrection, and throughout eternity. (697)

MEDJUGORJE DAY BY DAY
These thoughts for a day are taken from a daily meditation book based on the Messages of Our Lady of Medjugorje by Father Richard J. Beyer, Ave Maria Press.
JUNE 15 - DRAW EVER CLOSER TO THE FATHER

The Blessed Virgin wishes to draw us close to the Father:

Dear children, today I ask you to open your hearts to God like spring flowers which yearn for the sun. I am your Mother and I wish you to draw ever closer to the Father, that he may grant abundant gifts to your hearts. ( Weekly Message January 31, 1985).

One of these gifts is the vision to see form the perspective of heaven as God does:

So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:1-3).

Reflection:

The believer's real home, Paul says today, is with Christ in heaven. This gives us a different perspective on our lives here on earth. To "set your minds on things that are above," as Paul says today, means simply to look at life from God's perspective. Among other things, this is an antidote to materialism, for we gain a proper perspective of material goods when we take the Lord's view of them. From his viewpoint in eternity, how would he perceive money, prestige, or power? What of family, friendships, or acts of sacrifice? The more we see the life around us as God does, the more we can live in harmony with him. As Our Lady has advised in several of her messages, we must not become too attached to what is only temporary.

Application:

In prayer today, spend several minutes thinking of the priorities in your life. Then switch to God's viewpoint, and examine the same priorities. Is there a match?

Medjugorje Day By Day June 14 - YOU WILL ENDURE EVERYTHING

Mother Teresa
We are all God's children so it is important to share His gifts. Do not worry about why problems exist in the world - just respond to people's needs.

Padre Pio -
I approve of your work for gaining souls for Jesus. By all means receive Holy Communion for the Holy Father's intentions (Letters III, p 463).

Archbishop Fulton Sheen
Words are cheap when there is no conviction behind them

"Whenever we set out to give `good example,' we generally do not give it. The best example is given when we are off duty and are not acting `professionally,' such as the minister or rabbi or priest when he comes down from his pulpit, the womanizer after he has finished his discourse on the `necessity of recognizing the rights of women,' the politician when he has finished his television oration on `my profound interest in social justice and my love of the common good.' When Peter told Our Lord that though others failed Him, he would never fail, the Savior retorted that within twenty-four hours Peter would deny that he even knew Him. What we say is less important in the way of influence than what we do."

St. Faustina's diary http://www.marian.org/directory_flash.html -
Oh, how ardently I desire that every soul would praise Your mercy. Happy is the soul that calls upon the mercy of the Lord. It will see that the Lord will defend it as His glory, as He said. And who would dare fight against God? All you souls, praise the Lord's mercy by trusting in His mercy all your life and especially at the hour of your death. And fear nothing, dear soul, whoever you are; the greater the sinner, the greater his right to Your mercy, O Lord. O incomprehensible goodness! God is the first to stoop to the sinner. O Jesus, I wish to glorify Your mercy on behalf of thousands of souls. I know very well, O my Jesus, that I am to keep telling souls about Your goodness, about Your incomprehensible mercy. (598)

Jesus, You know that I love suffering and want to drain the cup of suffering to the last drop; and yet, my nature experienced a slight shudder and fear. Quickly, however, my trust in the infinite mercy of God was awakened in all its force, and everything else had to give way before it, like a shadow retreating before the sun's rays. O Jesus, how great is Your goodness! Your infinite goodness, so well known to me, enables me to bravely look death itself in the eye. I know that nothing will happen to me without God's permission. I desire to glorify Your infinite mercy during my life, at the hour of death, in the resurrection, and throughout eternity. (697)

MEDJUGORJE DAY BY DAY
These thoughts for a day are taken from a daily meditation book based on the Messages of Our Lady of Medjugorje by Father Richard J. Beyer, Ave Maria Press.
JUNE 14 - YOU WILL ENDURE EVERYTHING
In the second month of the apparitions, the visionaries have a vision of Christ. Our Lady says to them:

My angels, I send you my Son, Jesus, who was tortured for his faith, yet he endured everything. You also, my angels, will endure everything (First Years July 27, 1981).

Similarly, Paul encourages the Thessalonians in their trials:

Therefore we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith during all your persecutions and the afflictions that you are enduring. This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, and intended to make you worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering (2 Thes 1:4-5).

Reflection:

Every life includes trials and hardships. Theologians tell us it is the consequence of sin and evil in the world, which disrupts even nature affects the innocent as well as the guilty. Today, St. Paul teaches that God can draw good out of our hardships:

"For he is using your sufferings to prepare you for his kingdom."

Our problems can help us look upward and forward, rather than inward. They can help to build strong character, and they imbue us with an extra measure of compassion for others who are struggle. Problems are unavoidable for people of faith living in a faithless world. Yet, linked to the sufferings of Christ, they have a redemptive value and meaning.

Application:

Today, offer any hardships or pain you experience for a special prayer intention.

June 13 - ACCEPT DIVINE PEACE

Mother Teresa
Mother Theresa once said, ALWAYS REMEMBER this saying: "Jesus only brings you peace, fear and anxiety come from the devil." If you feel anxious just Trust in God's Mercy and pray and your peace will return. You will be assaulted on all sides with health, with dryness, but Jesus and Mary are at your side.
And we here all have the greatest gift of all, Mary to intercede for us. To lay all of our prayers at the feet of her son. We have Mary at our side. Just think about the magnificence of Having the Mother of God at your side, pleading God's mercy for you and those you love. She leads us to her Son and wants to hear us say: "Jesus, I trust in You., the whole message of Divine Mercy".
Meditations by Padre Pio -
May Jesus be your guide, your support and your life, always and in everything (ASN,44).



Archbishop Fulton Sheen
The canvas must wait for maturity to grow

"There are certain conflicts and tensions which are natural to us as human beings, namely, the conflict between the flesh and the spirit. In the young it is not always clear which is dominant or will be the master during life. It takes a lot of struggle to give dominance to the higher part of our being. For that reason, an artist refused to paint the portrait of a young man. The artist said that he saw two impulses in the youth neither of which yet showed dominion. He would delay the portrait until his character was formed."

St. Faustina's diary http://www.marian.org/directory_flash.html -
After Communion, I heard the voice saying, My daughter, look into the abyss of My mercy and give praise and glory to this mercy of Mine. Do it in this way: Gather all sinners from the entire world and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. I want to give Myself to souls; I yearn for souls, My daughter. On the day of My feast, the Feast of Mercy, you will go through the whole world and bring fainting souls to the spring of my mercy. I shall heal and strengthen them. (206)

God, One in the Holy Trinity.I want to love You as no human soul has ever loved You before; and although I am utterly miserable and small, I have nevertheless cast the anchor of my trust deep down into the abyss of Your mercy, O my God and Creator! In spite of my great misery I fear nothing, but hope to sing You a hymn of glory for ever. Let no soul, even the most miserable, fall prey to doubt; for, as long as one is alive, each one can become a great saint, so great is the power of God's grace. It remains only for us not to oppose God's action. (283)

MEDJUGORJE DAY BY DAY

These thoughts for a day are taken from a daily meditation book based on the Messages of Our Lady of Medjugorje by Father Richard J. Beyer, Ave Maria Press.
JUNE 13 - ACCEPT DIVINE PEACE

Today Our Lady asks us to accept and live divine peace:

The attitude of the Christian toward the future should be one of hope in salvation. Those who think only of wars, evils and punishments are ill advised. If you dwell on evil, punishment, or wars, you are on the road to encountering them. Rather, your responsibility is to accept divine peace, to live it, and to spread it. (Locutionists Jelena & Mirijana August 1984).

And in Colossians, Paul also issues a call to peace:

Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful (Col 3:14-15).

Reflection:

In the beginning of the apparitions, the Blessed Virgin said: "Through prayer and fasting, you can avert wars and suspend the laws of nature." In a sermon on peace, Fr. Slavko Barbaric stated: "The Lord of Peace enables us to understand the profound importance of peace within our own hearts-for this is how it is spread throughout the world." The more hearts that live peace, the sooner will it flourish on earth. "Let us therefore," he concludes, "be instruments of peace, for blessed are the peacemakers-they shall be called the children of God.'"

Application: In addition to your prayers for peace, strive to be a peacemaker wherever you are today.

No comments: